Re: [opensuse] Simple OO question about combining a cover letter and a spreadsheet?
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 10:13:24 +0000

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
2009/1/3 G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I do not think M$ would support a combined document but to get around
that, create the document in OO, convert to PDF and then send to the
M4 folk. Portable Document Format to the rescue :)

Regards
Hylton

Yep, that works if you want a static end product. However, in that case
it is just as easy paste to spreadsheet contents as tables into document
and send as a static word document.

However, if the spreadsheet contents are expected to change, and be used
in more than one document or location (and/or you want to collaborate on
the numbers) this does not work well.

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup