Re: [opensuse] NFS client/server problems when an NFS server is offline
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:31:33 +0100
I set the mount options for each client to: rw,hard,intr

OK, so all appeared to be working great. Then computer 2 was powered
down. If I opened a file manager (or terminal window and did an ls
-al) on computer 1, it appeared to hang the file manager. It just sat
there blank.. and then after 20 minutes or more it finally timed out
(?) and showed the contents of /home/$USER.

Try a soft mount, if you expect the NFS server to be unavailable.

I tried that too with the same/similar results.... long timeouts/hangs
in file managers and/or terminals that try to access /home/$USER or
/media (where the NFS exports are mounted).

C.