[opensuse] Laptop Backlight on OS 11.1 & KDE4
  • From: Koenraad Lelong <k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 09:40:15 +0100
Hi,

First of all, happy newyear, good health to everyone.

I'm experimenting with OS 11.1 32bit and KDE 4 on my laptop. I have a strange problem with the backlight of the LCD. Every time I boot the machine the backlight is very dim, you can hardly see anything on the screen.
How can I fix this ? One advantage of the new OS is that the special keys for the screen-backlight do work, while on 10.3 they didn't.

Another thing I noticed : there is some way to control the backlight in software (can't find it at the moment !) but this works backward (I think) : moving the slider to the right darkens the backlight, to the left it brightens.
How to adjust this ?

Thanks for any pointers.
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong
begin:vcard
fn:Koenraad Lelong
n:Lelong;Koenraad
org:ACE electronics
adr:;;IZ Webbekom 2118;Diest;VlaBra;3290;Belgie
email;internet:k.lelong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:R&D Manager
tel;work:+32 13 531906
tel;fax:+32 13 531908