Re: [opensuse] should i go with 64bit??
  • From: Mads Martin Joergensen <mmj@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:32:45 +0100
* Linux <hans.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Jan 05. 2009 03:43]:
hi...
i hv Core 2 Duo processor and 2 GB memory on my notebook and i m going
to have a fresh install for opensuse 11.1. From opensuse website, it
says for my spec, I should go with 64 bit version. What is the plus
minus of 32 bit and 64 bit?? Should I go with 64 bit?? Could 64 bit runs
Compiz?

Main advantage of 64-bit is the possibility of adressing more than 2 GB
of memory, so that won't help you. But you'll still get a small
performance boost, so I would go with 64-bit any day of the week on your
64-bit hardware.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic