Re: [opensuse] Flash Plugin being lost by Firefox
  • From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:32:19 +0200
On Sunday 04 January 2009 22:19:03 Terry Eck wrote:
Hello,
Running openSUSE 11.1 and Firefox 3.0.5. Thought I had this problem
solved but now Firefox reports missing
Flash plugin. I go through the process of downloading
"flash-plugin-10.0.15.3-release.i386 from Adobe but in
the process of trying to install YAST2 says it is already installed.

I use YAST2 to remove the flash-plugin and redo the process of
installing from Adobe. YAST2 says it is installed
but Firefox says I need the plugin. There is a step I'm missing! Can
anyone lead me in the correct direction to
getting Flash to work in Firefox?

Thanks,
Terry

I have had a similar issue with flash videos not being played by firefox. This
issue has been fixed after uninstalling "libflashsupport".

--
Bogdan Cristea