Re: [opensuse] Image resizing?
  • From: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 12:09:53 -0800
On Saturday 27 December 2008 20:08:13 Ken Schneider wrote:

I use this one liner in a shell script do convert photos prior to putting
them on the web for a club I belong to. Set the res to what you need and
adjust to the type of pics you are converted.

for I in `ls -1 *.[j,J][p,P][g,G]`;do convert -resize 640x480 ${I}
${I};echo ${I} Completed;done

I used a variation of this, but ended up with images sized to 416x234, when I
had specified 480x234. Obviously, convert preserved the aspect ratio of the
original images, fitting them to a height of 234.

Does anyone know if there's an option to force the specified size? I would
expect a little to be trimmed from the top and bottom, of course, which would
be acceptable for this application (digital picture frame). That would be
preferable to black bands on both sides of the images.