Re: [opensuse] Re: Tymeshare ??
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 10:32:37 -0500
Per Jessen wrote:
James Hatridge wrote:

Its always nice to back you claims "I've been a computer tech since
1949" up with proof.

That's easy - keep your written references.

The problem with that is that US companies don't give written
references, or at least did not back in the 70's & 80's.

Ah, that IS a problem, yes.

As I understand it, they're reluctant to provide much beyond "Yes, he
worked here", for fear of getting sued for:
a) saying something the former employee doesn't like
b) not saying something that would indicate to a prospective employer
that the applicant is not suitable.