Re: [opensuse] slow nfs over wifi
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 08:12:24 -0500
lynn wrote:
Is wifi designed to be able to mount nfs shares? My connection is superb over
Internet via my ISP but eg my xmas photos from my mobile took 10 minutes to
download 20 Mb or so via nfs. And during nfs stuff the dlink connection to my
router shows only 2 bars out of 5. As soon as nfs finishes it's back to 5/5.
Maybe you're not supposed to use nfs over wireless. Please no 'works for me'.
Just whether it can work properly or not. Only personal experiences please.
No
theory! 11.1 with a 64 bit nfs server and a laptop also on 11.1 connecting
using kinternetmanager out of the box which I do not want to change. Phew.
And
my son thought i'd never be able to ask it.

Luv L x

There should be no difference, as WiFi is essentially wireless ethernet,
though it's half duplex, compared to full duplex on ethernet switches.
I'd suspect other issues. What happens if you go to one of those "speed
test" sites, such as www.speedtest.net, both with and without WiFi?