[opensuse] Problems with kde4 login
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 16:24:18 -0700
re: opensuse 11.1
kde 4.13

Problem: I can not change the login mode to autologin.

If I go to kdm /Convenience and
enable password-less logins and I checked my user name
when I reboot both field are empty to I have to add my user name (or
click the image) and my password.

If I also checked enable Auto-login my user name is fill but there no
autologin

If I preselect user and check specify and select my user name the the
user field has my name and the password field is on focus but not
autologin.

In summary ever thing in this page works except the autologin.

When I press apply

"Command '/usr/bin/kcmshell4 kdm --lang en_US' not found."

I know there is a bug related to this message but nothing in reference
to the autologin.

More weird things.

My way to access the login screen under opensuse 11.0 was

#kcmshell kdm

If I type under kde4 it comes up and allows you to change everything
even the delay for autologin that I loved. But no effect. I have never
installed anything related to kde3 why this is here?

Under opensuse 11.1 I think is kcmshell4 kdm

If I run it as a user it comes but it does not allow to change anything
that requires to be root. If I loaded it as root it hang and never
loads.

Most likely this is the new behavior but so far I can not accomplish to
change my login mode.

-=terry=-