Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 23:33:23 +0100 (CET)

On Saturday, 2009-01-03 at 14:25 -0800, j debert wrote:

What Fink did for me was to save time. That was (is) it's most
significant advantage for me. I did not have to locate sources and
then do a bunch of testing for deps and then track down anything
missing. Fink did all that and then compiled and installed everything
pretty much on it's own. Maybe it takes longer with Fink but it did it
all by itself.

I assume that the Mac people have a method defined so that all those applications compile in the same way, a standard place to get the sources, dependencies, etc.

Or are they simply doing a rebuild rpm? Because that does exist in suse, too.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.