Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
  • From: j debert <jdebert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 14:25:11 -0800

Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) さんは書きました:

| What is needed here, as stated by the OP, is an interface/GUI
| application similar to Fink for the Mac that assists users to build
| source code and use it correctly.

What Fink did for me was to save time. That was (is) it's most
significant advantage for me. I did not have to locate sources and
then do a bunch of testing for deps and then track down anything
missing. Fink did all that and then compiled and installed everything
pretty much on it's own. Maybe it takes longer with Fink but it did it
all by itself.

if I had the time, I would not mind doing it all myself.

==
jd

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable.
~ -- John F. Kennedy

- --