[opensuse] Re: "Sound" advice
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 15:01:23 -0500
ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

If you want Kaffeine to play DVDs properly and not skip and jump,
remove alsa_pulse* and libxine-pulse* - i can watch and hear my DVDs
properly now.

Yes, I uninstalled all pulse packages right away- pulseaudio's lantency
is worst than aRtsd or esd. Another thing to do, to increase multimedia
performance, is to reconfigure (at least change the preemption model and
timer frequency) and recompile the kernel. The default SuSE kernel is
very server orientated- I have mine setup to balance between desktop and
server usuage.

Charles

--
I've run DOOM more in the last few days than I have the last few
months. I just love debugging ;-)