Re: [opensuse] Fink for OpenSuSE?
  • From: j debert <jdebert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 08:25:20 -0800

Cristian Rodríguez さんは書きました:
| j debert escribió:
|> Macs have Fink, Linux has nothing to build and install packages from
|> source.
|
| SUSE distributions are binary based, in most scenarios, rebuilding
| packages from source will not produce any noticeable benefit for you.

Yes, I am quite painfully aware that SuSE is a binary distro. It's
rather evident given the slightly more than slight difficulty in
obtaining sources that is getting slightly more difficult with each
release.

Ummm... How would you know whether or not building from source would
have a noticeable benefit for me? That seems so...nevermind.

Just curious.

(Actually, I have had to rebuild quite a bit from source to replace
SuSE binaries. It's a PITA.)

==
jd

The First Commandment for Technicians:
~ Beware the lightning that lurketh in the undischarged
capacitor, lest it cause thee to bounce upon thy buttocks in a most
untechnician-like manner.

- --