Re: [opensuse] Open With
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:59:25 +0100
On Saturday 03 January 2009 16:44:38, Kai Ponte wrote:
Daniel Bauer wrote:
On Saturday 03 January 2009 16:00:46, Kai Ponte wrote:
How do I add an application to the right-click menu of Konqueror?

For example, the past few days I've been working on one of my websites
(www.filesite.org) which was written in PHPbb (http://www.phpbb.com/)
and uses various PHP and HTML files. I want to edit them using Kate for
the most part.

When I right-click, I get a context menu which includes an "open with"
option. Open With gives me Opera, Firefox, NVu and Other. I have been
selecting Other and typing Kate.

I want to add Kate to the Open With options.

Or, if possible, add an "edit" option with Kate being my default.

Can I do this?

just click "open with..."
chose the app you want to use from the appearing window and check the
checkbox below "assign this file type to that program" (mine is in
German...)

or use KDE control center and go to KDE Components, File Associations

regards

Thanks, Daniel.

However, won't that associate HTM files with Kate and not Firefox?

No, I don't think so. If - until now - only Firefox is associated to that type
of file you see 2 point in the context menu:
- open with firefox
- open with...

If you add a second program to be associated you will only see the "open
with..." and the app[s] you added will be shown, plus "others", but if you
just click on the file, it will still be opened with the first app in the
list. As much as I know a newly added assosiation will be added below the
exising one(s).

However you can still change the order of the associated apps (or remove one
again) as described by Boyd or go to KDE control center where you will find
the same options.

chau

Daniel

erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com