Re: [opensuse] Open With
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:34:27 +0100
On Saturday 03 January 2009 16:00:46, Kai Ponte wrote:
How do I add an application to the right-click menu of Konqueror?

For example, the past few days I've been working on one of my websites
(www.filesite.org) which was written in PHPbb (http://www.phpbb.com/)
and uses various PHP and HTML files. I want to edit them using Kate for
the most part.

When I right-click, I get a context menu which includes an "open with"
option. Open With gives me Opera, Firefox, NVu and Other. I have been
selecting Other and typing Kate.

I want to add Kate to the Open With options.

Or, if possible, add an "edit" option with Kate being my default.

Can I do this?

just click "open with..."
chose the app you want to use from the appearing window and check the checkbox
below "assign this file type to that program" (mine is in German...)

or use KDE control center and go to KDE Components, File Associations

regards

Danel

erotic art photos: http://www.bauer-nudes.com
Madagascar special: http://www.fotograf-basel.ch/madagascar/