Re: [opensuse] Problem with popping in audio and stuttering graphics...
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 15:25:55 +1100
Clayton wrote:
Try uninstalling pulseaudio - cured my sound problems when watching
digital TV.

Hmmm that seems to have fixed both the audio annoyances, and the
graphics fps issues in games. Strange how PulseAudio appears to also
have been affecting graphics performance... still testing that one to
be sure the graphics are working right....

The important thing is that your audio and graphics hassles have been
solved.

Re the reason why: I suspect - as I expressed some months ago with
another, similar problem, I had - is caused by the dbus being clogged up
by the offending application in this instance pulseaudio (or the IRQ
being monopolised by the rogue app.).

Ciao.

--
"With the portion of mankind that is above average one may speak of higher
things; with those below it, one may not."