Re: [opensuse] Smolts project statistics
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 19:52:14 -0600
On Friday 02 January 2009 07:13:21 pm Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Wednesday, 2008-12-31 at 05:02 -0600, Rajko M. wrote:
Besides, please review:
http://en.opensuse.org/Smolt

I have seen that smolt has been added to the 11.0 oss-repo, version
1.1.1.1 which is the same one that OS 11.1 has.

But now the question is, how does one run it?

I see that it installs a service, but it is "off". I also see it installs
a cron job.

nimrodel:~ # rcsmolt status
Monthly smolt check-in is disabled.

What next?

Someone added on the wiki page about smolt http://en.opensuse.org/Smolt
how to use it.

Currently GUI works with limited functionality, you can send profile, but you
can't edit it. GUI is missing even ability to give you password that you can
use to login Smolt web page and edit profile there.

For now, as explained in article, run in console:
smoltSendProfile
and pick URL and password when they appear.
Be aware that http://www.smolts.org/ is sometines slow, so don't rush to
interrupt it if there is nothing on the screen.

(if you see last sentence on the wiki, it is copy and paste ;-) )

--
Regards, Rajko