Re: [opensuse] Scanning suggestions to replace XSane?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 02:23:15 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2008-12-31 at 14:27 -0600, John Lange wrote:

You requirements are pretty simple. xsane can do it.

Well xsane can sort of do it. Mainly, the interface is so horrible that
it takes a lot of training for the average user to figure it out.

Not true! When I bought a scanner I used xsane to scan things within minutes.

And after you scan, sending to email is not really there. It relies on a
local MTA and you have to compose the message right in xsane. It does
not integrate with your regular email software (Evolution in this case)
at all.

I've never used scan to email and never will. What for? Scan to file, attach the file, using any mailer I like.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.