Re: [opensuse] Partition usb disk to boot 4 OS systems
  • From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 01:10:21 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-01-02 at 15:56 +0100, Dave Feustel wrote:

I have read documentation on various disk partitioning programs but I
continue to be very confused (probably too much time spent with DOS
partition disks). I would like to repartition a new (DOS-partitioned)
usb drive so that I can boot any one of 4 bootable Linux operating
systems (2 32-bit and 2 64-bit versions of Fedora 10 and Suse 11.1). I
suspect this will be obvious to me after I understand the process, but
right now I don't understand just what is involved. Can soemone post the
sequence of commands to delete the DOS partition and create the needed
Linux partitions with their favorite Linux disk partitioning program?

Partitioning is easy: just use YaST partitioner.

Booting from the usb is not so easy, but there has been a recent post
about that.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Booting from the usb disk is critical. If I can't do that then I will
have to use either another internal sata drive or an external esata drive.
What I want to do is use grub or grub2 to boot one of at least four different
versions of Linux from the new drive.