Re: [opensuse] How to switch to the default Gnome menu
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 00:41:19 +0100 (CET)

On Friday, 2009-01-02 at 16:52 +0100, Christian wrote:

Hi all,
I want to switch to the default top pannel of Gnome and not use the new menu in Opensuse. I am visually impaired and I find the classic pannel to be much easier to navigate with the screen reader Orca.
How do I do that?

The traditional menu? Ok, once you have the panel where you like it, right click, select "add to panel". In the search input box type "menu", and you will see about six entries, one of which is "Traditional main Menu". There you go, add the menu to the panel, move it to where you like, and delete the "original" menu.

Me, I don't like that new age menu, I prefer the traditional one, even though I have good sight. The first thing I do is remove it.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.