Re: [opensuse] How to switch to the default Gnome menu
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 17:02:04 -0600
On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 16:52 +0100, Christian wrote:
Hi all,
I want to switch to the default top pannel of Gnome and not use the new menu
in Opensuse. I am visually impaired and I find the classic pannel to be much
easier to navigate with the screen reader Orca.
How do I do that?
Many thanks,
Christian

If you just want the menu (and have it located on the bottom panel,
instead of the Computer menu), right click the Computer menu and click
"Remove from panel". Then right click in that space and choose "Add to
panel..." and then choose "Menu Bar"

If you want the top panel w/ the menu, right click on your bottom panel
and choose "New Panel". It should automatically load at the top. The
right click, choose "Add to panel" and choose the stuff you want on it.

Good luck and thanks for choosing openSUSE ;-)
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy - openSUSE Member
Public Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>