Re: [opensuse] Switching to Opensuse from ubuntu
  • From: Jay C Vollmer <jvollmer@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:31:46 -0600
On Friday 02 January 2009, Christian wrote:
Hi all,
I have been using that other distribution for some time now, but I am
thinking about switching to openSUSE since it seems to have some nice and
cool features compared to the other. How do i install .deb packages on
opensuse?
Many thanks,
Christian

OpenSUSE is an RPM distro, so you should stick with using RPM versions of
the packages you want to install. If you want the best of both worlds in a
hassle-free environment, do as I do and install Ubuntu in a virtual machine
running on openSUSE.

--
JAY VOLLMER