Re: [opensuse] How do I do this with zypper?
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 09:40:25 -0600
On Friday 02 January 2009 09:22:07 am Christian wrote:

Why $make and not just make?

$ is user prompt in this case.
# is root

In other words:
./configure and make run as user
chkinstall as root

Check again what osc can do for you. I'm not using it, so you have to check
details.

The chkinstall will create rpm package too, but it is tied to very similar
configured machine. The osc created will work on any openSUSE machine. If you
use osc you can use that package for other installations.

BTW, with osc you can create deb packages too.

--
Regards, Rajko