Re: [opensuse] Sound doesn't play in Firefox
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 10:15:05 -0500
On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 06:49 -0800, Kai Ponte wrote:
Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
I upgraded to 11.1 32bit system on my desktop computer, and now sound
doesn't work on sites with streaming audio such as youtube or news
websites when I use Firefox. The sound works normally otherwise.

I'm assuming that the video plays fine, right?

Yes, the video plays fine, just no sound on youtube. On other streaming
audio sites with embedded player, there is no video of course but the
indications that the stream is downloading and should be playing are
correct.

Just out of curiosity - do you have a secondary media player such as
Amarok loaded already? I have found in the past - that you can't play
both. I just tested in 11.1 on my other laptop and am able to have both
loaded.

No, nothing else is playing or loaded up on the desktop.