Re[2]: [opensuse] How do I do this with zypper?
  • From: "Christian" <christian08@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 15:26:03 +0100
Hi,

On 2009-01-02 at 07:50 Rajko M. wrote:

On Friday 02 January 2009 06:39:17 am Christian wrote:
Hi all,
I am used to other linux distributions, but i need to ask about doing
this
with zypper. If I want to install an application from source and need to
build the dependency tree for that, how do I do that? Best regards and
thanks,
Christian

People use osc which is client for opensuse Build Service.

Excerpt from 'osc --help'
For additional information, see
* http://www.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial
* http://www.opensuse.org/Build_Service/CLI

You can modify osc commands, or roll you own, via the plugin API:
* http://www.opensuse.org/Build_Service/osc_plugins

On mail list opensuse-packaging@xxxxxxxxxxxx you can find people using it.

OK, but i dont want to create my own packages. When i download an application
and want to compile it some dependencies are needed. For example, in Debian I
type:
apt-get build-dep application
Many thanks,
Christian