Re: [opensuse] Keyboard non-responsive after login??
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hyltonconacher@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 15:21:10 +0200
SOLVED (explanation below)

2009/1/1 Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <hyltonconacher@xxxxxxxxx>:
2008/12/31 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wednesday 2008 December 31 14:51:51 Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

<,snip>

Having a look at ~/ I see there is a /.kde and /.kde4 directory so I
guess I should rename both?

Probably just the one that corresponds to the version of KDE you are using.

OK,, so as I am using KDE4, I log into the box as the troubled user,
using a different window manager, rename the file, logout and login
back in under ke4, and all should work again, bar me having to
reconfigure an app or twos window settings?

I deleted the ~/.kde4 directory using the same user but on a different
window manager
Logged off and then resigned in with the same user who stopped being
able to log into KDE4.

Came up fine although I will need to redo some window and desktop redecoration.

Thanks for all the help folks.
Regards
Hylton
P.S: I wonder if this 'feature' is also available in 11..1/11.2?