Re: [opensuse] Checksums, openSuSE downloads, md5sum (SOLVED)
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 16:05:37 +1100
Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

Carlos E. R. skrev:

On Thursday, 2009-01-01 at 19:58 +0100, Verner Kjærsgaard wrote:

Thanks to all for their excellent help!
I used aria2c to download the openSuSE11.0/32bit DVD, it went quick
and it verifies fine. Now I fire up K3B...and did you hear the drums?

ta - da !

It worked! On the first day of the new year, I (again) learnt
something! Thanks :-)

Welcome! I guess we have a new aria2c convert ;-)

-- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

- a convert, an advocate and an evangelist :-)
- it works like a breeze!

Just don't get too enthused :-) .

Following comment is not directed at aria2c nor at k3's ability to burn
a DVD and then verify it as being "successful". Burning DVDs under k3
works fine.

Using k3 you will find - I do, and have been doing so for some months -
that if you burn a *CD* and have the verify function set then every time
the verification process will show that there is an error in the copy
compared to the original -- however, there is NO error, but k3 always
reports that there is an error.

(BTW, just on this point of the verification process reporting an error
in the copy: what a total waste of time that k3 has to ALWAYS check
though the *whole* CD or DVD (upt o 8GB big) to report an error even
though the error may have occurred at some point at the beginning of the
CD or DVD. Why not report and stop further checking when the error is
first detected?)

Ciao.

--
Be nice to people on your way up - you'll see the same people on your way down.