Re: [opensuse] A good network mapping program?
  • From: Martin Mielke <m_mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 19:42:48 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

ntop could be of interest too...

http://www.ntop.org/overview.html

HTH
Martin

----- Original Message ----
From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: SUSE Linux <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 10:50:23 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] A good network mapping program?

Rajko M. wrote:
On Thursday 01 January 2009 11:42:48 am Anthony M Simonelli wrote:

but lately I've been
experiencing strange problems. I'm looking for a way to detect bottle
necks, improve performance, visually map my network based on detected
nodes, etc.

My, recently discovered, favorite is Wireshark.
I know that I can see all traffic on a home network, though, I can't tell
how
much you can do on a bigger network with more than one segment.

Like other apps, Wireshark can be run on a remote computer, though
you'll have to consider the bandwidth it requires to do so.

--
Use OpenOffice.org