Re: [opensuse] saned and firewalls
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 03:28:43 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-01-01 at 16:44 -0800, Andreas wrote:

I checked out the current development code from the sane project, and
the new default sane.config file seems to indicate that work has been
done about the data connections:
# ONLY use this if your saned server is sitting behind a firewall. If your
# firewall is a Linux machine, we strongly recommend using the
# Netfilter nf_conntrack_sane connection tracking module instead.

That is better advice: the suse linux kernel does contain the nf_conntrack_sane module. We only need to know how to tell the SuSEfirewall2 configuration to use it. Perhaps just adding it to FW_LOAD_MODULES would suffice.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.