Re: [opensuse] SUSE Operating System: GRUB Loading Error 18
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:08:17 -0700
On Thu, 2009-01-01 at 15:49 -0800, meredith walsh wrote:
Hi, I have my computer set up for dual boot SUSE and Windows.

However, now when the option of which operating system no longer appears.
Instead, I get a choice of Booting from the Local Disk, Installation, Memory
Check, Firmware check, etc.

If I choose to Boot from the local disk, it goes to GRUB loading ... then
returns Error 18.

I'm a Newbie at this, so any help - as clearly and simply as you can put it
would be great.

thanks,

meredith walsh

Meredith

1. The first problem is because you have the cd / dvd in the driver. If
you remove it and boot it will go to grub

2. The second problem:

http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/GRUB

3. What hardware?, opensuse version? , how did you install it? anything
than can help us to understand the problem.

-=terry=-