Re: [opensuse] Is avahi needed? [Was: Zypper curl errors in 11.0]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 00:34:27 +0100 (CET)

On Thursday, 2009-01-01 at 15:14 -0700, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:

Anders,

I do not think Carlos or most of us are against using avahi what we are
trying to figure out is how to around of something that is not working.

Exactly.

I don't really know what is avahi for, I don't know what it does. Just suppose it does some type of network configuration automatically, perhaps changes the dns, who knows. I know what the man page describes, and I don't understand it.

The man page talks about some configuration files which I haven't touched. Perhaps the configuration is bad. Or good. I have no idea.

I only know that I don't know what it does, what it changes or provides and for what programs, the effect it has...

So I ask.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.