Re: [opensuse] A good network mapping program?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 16:50:23 -0500
Rajko M. wrote:
On Thursday 01 January 2009 11:42:48 am Anthony M Simonelli wrote:

but lately I've been
experiencing strange problems. I'm looking for a way to detect bottle
necks, improve performance, visually map my network based on detected
nodes, etc.

My, recently discovered, favorite is Wireshark.
I know that I can see all traffic on a home network, though, I can't tell how
much you can do on a bigger network with more than one segment.

Like other apps, Wireshark can be run on a remote computer, though
you'll have to consider the bandwidth it requires to do so.