Solved Re: [opensuse] CUPS printers in windows?
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 20:04:27 -0800 (PST)
----- Original Message ----

From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse list <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 6:31:00 PM
Subject: [opensuse] CUPS printers in windows?

Hi all,

How can I get a windoze machine to recognize a CUPS printer? I think I've
achieved it before using Samba, but is there a simpler way? (The necessary
driver is already in the windoze box).

Aha, just found it, sorry for the noise.

Tell windows to connect a network printer at the URI:

http://printhost:631/printers/printername

Wow, that was easy!

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a
man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz