Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.1 - of grub,md/lvm root, and related headaches
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 19:45:24 -0500
On 2008/12/31 18:31 (GMT-0600) Moby composed:

1) The file system was created and existing prior to upgrading to 11.1
- I am not sure, but would think, that would leave the inode-size as is.

It would leave it in an upgrade install, but not with a fresh install with
reformat.

2) I re-installed Grub from the RPMs that come with 11.1, so in case
the inode sizes were somehow increased as part of the upgrade, the newer
grub would see it.

I thought that you wrote earlier that your original Grub was having a problem
with 11.1.
--
"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor
in vain." Psalm 127:1 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/