Re: [opensuse] Blue Countdown Available
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:33:20 -0600
Sylvester Lykkehus wrote:
On 2008-12-01 10:49, David C. Rankin wrote:
List,

If anyone would rather a blue countdown to 11.1 instead of green,
I have one
with the blue_curl backdrop on my site that you are free to scavenge. The
countdown is:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/openSUSE_11.1/images/countdown.php

<snip>

David, that is a nice idea.

For fun, I tried making one with 'dynamic' colors. The user supplied
values are RGB (0-255), alpha (0-127) and gamma (0.1-2.0).

Some examples:

Whine red:
http://solidonline.dk/11.1.php?red=127&green=0&blue=0&alpha=30&gamma=0.5

Dull yellow:
http://solidonline.dk/11.1.php?red=127&green=127&blue=0&alpha=30&gamma=0.5

Grey:
http://solidonline.dk/11.1.php?red=255&green=255&blue=255&alpha=70&gamma=0.5

For the interested, the script is here:
http://solidonline.dk/11.1.phps

Best regards
Sylvester Lykkehus

Sylvester,

You are definitely way better with the graphics than I am. How are you
changing the image colors? I see in your URL you are using RBG and Gamma, what
is that? Are you using something in php or gd to change the colors on the fly?
Looks great however you are doing it. If you don't mind, I love to see the php
call if you are doing it on the fly. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E. | openSoftware und SystemEntwicklung
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC | Countdown for openSuSE 11.1