Re: [opensuse] BIOS question
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 13:56:18 +0100
James Knott wrote:

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
You would think I would know this but alas...

Is there a utility that comes with openSUSE that can be used to tell
what type of RAM the computer has? Not the amount. But the type.

I would be very surprised if that were available for any operating
system. There may be some info in the CMOS memory, but not much
beyond that.

Sure there is - todays memory sticks all have a serial EEPROM that can
be read with e.g. decode-dimms from lm-sensors.

/Per

--
/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich