Re: [opensuse] BIOS question
  • From: Jerry Houston <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 08:37:49 -0800
On Friday 28 November 2008 07:55:38 Ed Harrison wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Is there a utility that comes with openSUSE that can be used to tell
what type of RAM the computer has? Not the amount. But the type.

try hwinfo --bios

Thanks for posting that, Ed - I wasn't aware of it until now. I just tried it
on my laptop, and found out a LOT of interesting information about its BIOS.

And I think it will also answer Roger's question, depending on how much
information he needs "type" to contain.

Now I'm off to check on what other arguments, besides --bios, are available.