Re: [opensuse] Another IMPORTANT thing missing in KDE 4.1!
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:01:46 +0000
On Tuesday 11 November 2008, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Dienstag, 11. November 2008 10:09:52 schrieb Basil Chupin:
Are there no things in KDE4 that are useful and not in KDE3?

Yes, there are "no things in KDE4 that are useful" compared to KDE3.

Thanks a lot! That kind of absolute statement is all that is needed to
show that you can only be wrong. You did not even add the "for me". Thanks
again for making it that easy to point out the context of your arguments.

Sven

Well having now tried KDE4.xxx whatever with suse 11.1b4 i can now without
any fear of contradiction state KDE4.xxx whatever is not a patch on KDE 3.5.9
and has a Huge long way to go it is bu no means useable at all the interface
is difficult to say the least the configurability or lack of is dismal .

Simple things like moving my mail settings over what a pain in the butt it may
not have been quite so bad had the internal structure of 4.xxx remained the
same then it may have been doable as it is it sucks , This strange idea of
a folder on the desktop yea well can we please have our old easy to setup
icons and the easy method of creating links to programs the lack of ability
to change the size of the desktop icons sucks in fact the total lack of being
able to make the desktop anything like remotely useable sucks .

There are so many things missing in KDE4.xxx it needs to be reduced in status
to PRE alpha not good at all .

and before people start crying i have been using Linux almost since day ONE
so i DO know what i am talking about ..

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)