Re: [opensuse] Another IMPORTANT thing missing in KDE 4.1!
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 09:53:07 +0100
Am Dienstag, 11. November 2008 03:39:46 schrieb Larry Stotler:
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 9:35 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I believe that the comment probably relates to carping here rather
than announcing a bug/enhancement report, which is the only way to
advise those doing the work that you would like something different.

And while I can agree with that, and that this should probably been
worded a little on fred's part and probably should be in factory,
suggesting a move to WinDoZe is acinine to say the least

In no way, it is the solution to his attitude. Context, please! And this kind
of attitude in respect to a community that offers him software for free should
be nowhere, not here, not on factory, not at another distro's list.

Apparently no amount of conversation is going to convice that making
noise here will accomplish programming changes :^(.

True, but some of us have managed to make some progress in making KDE4
as useful as KDE3. As it stands now, I still have seen no reason to
"upgrade" to KDE4. It really just doesn't offer any real benefit to
me.

If people don't like KDE4, that's fine, but that's not what this is about.

His attittude is unbearable and now he has to live with the consequences and
reactions to it. As I wrote in another answer, instead of asking, he accuses,
including capital letters, which is just a continuation of his previous
"communication" on this list. With his attitude he discredited himself.

Everyone asking politly gets a polite answer, those bluntly accusing, even
more so if they are wrong about it, are told that their attitude lacks
respect. Repeat offenders just show their ignorance and hence get that kind of
hints. He is one of them.

Sven