[opensuse] Easy GUI or ncurses libraries/templates for kde3 or cli?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:00:44 -0500
Listmates:

I have a number of BASH scripts that I would like to develop a menu to
display
and then call the ones that I want to call. For example, I have a number of
scripts for mounting CIFS/SMB shares on a number of different servers. I would
like to develop a simple interface that lists all the scripts and lets me pick
one (or more) to execute. Something like calling a file-open dialog and passing
the results to be executed would work.

For working in kde3 or from konsole/xterm what are the simple tools
available?
Is QT what I'm looking for as the gui? Is there a minimal c or c++
template/skeleton bit of code somewhere that would draw a basic window and let
me add the file-open dialog to it?

For the text environment, is there a set of BASH menu scripts that
would work?
I guess I could create my own with ls, awk '{print NR,NR,$0 }', read, and case,
but if I can avoid reinventing the wheel, that would be great.

Thanks for any links or suggestions you can provide.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC