Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:41:43 +0300
2008/9/26 Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I do this kind of thing often. No idea how well it works.

However, on the Solidworks front - one of my buddies happens to be a VP of
sales there. I called him this evening and had a chat. I explained to him
that it might be beneficial for them to introduce a Linux version for those
people not on Windows.

He said he'd pass it by the board, but no promises.

Worth a shot. :)

Next time you see him, let him know that a native Linux port would be
nice, but that I for one would settle for official Wine support. That
is exactly the reason that Wine was released as 1.0 instead of
continuing on in beta forever: so that there would be a stable branch
to which software houses could compile their applications.

I don't even care if I have to buy a new license for Linux / Wine
support. I just care that it works. Let him know, seriously.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il