Re: [opensuse] We Lost One! :(
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:23:18 -0400
Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
On Wed, September 24, 2008 00:52, Duaine & Laura Hechler wrote:

M Harris wrote:

On Sunday 21 September 2008 23:44, vince wrote:

Linux is not yet perfect for desktop use, that is true.

That is absolute nonsense.

I'll second, third, and take it to infinity.

For 10 years, I have been a running full blown desktop Linux.

And 8 of these years, running my business solely from Linux

The only things I need Windows (or Mac) for is my tax software and my
piano tuning software - that's it !!!!!!

So actually you are saying that Linux is not yet perfect, not even for
your use. It could only reach your standard of perfection when you are
able to run your tax software and your piano tuning software on it.

The key word here is "perfect". While I can agree on an asymptotic
approximation of the concept of total perfection (omega point or whatever
you want to call it) but that is still very far from the current state of
Linux, that I call "adequate" (or "good enough").

My apologies for being a dictionary worm, but choosing the right words can
be very important, especially in written communication where you loose all
nonverbal modes of communication.

Are you claiming Windows is "perfect", given all the problems with it?