[opensuse] deleting grub as boot manager on the hard disk (error 22)
  • From: "Franz Preihs" <slinux2006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:15:47 +0200
Hi,
I installed the boot manager grub with Suse 10.0 some years ago and
after installing Suse 11.0 with the live cd recently the system could
not be started without the cd.
I partitioned the hard disk again, even did it with windows xp , and
also I installed Windows XP again - nothing helped. I installed Suse
11.0 with the live cd and in Yast I wanted to delete the boot manager
which is no option there. I tried to find anything in the partition
setup as well.
I can´t get the grub manager deleted.
I have tried several things which I found on the internet like using
fdisk with the dos boot floopy, fdisk mbr, with the recovery disk..
I used several cd´s with different programms to delete the hard disk
but nothing helped.
Bios doesn´t give the option to delete the boot manager.

How can I delete grub?
I need to install later Win xp and on the same hard disk Suse 11.0

thanks for your help

Francis