Re: [opensuse] Problem with sudoers
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 07:26:17 -0400
Stephan Schöffel wrote:
Hi there,

I have the line "sudo /etc/do_sth.sh" in /etc/bash.basrc.local

Additionally i added the line

ALL ALL=NOPASSWD: /etc/do_sth.sh

to sudoers (using visodu).

Still, either when opening a terminal or typing "sudo /etc/do_sth.sh", I am prompted for root's password.

Is the idea of NOPASSWD not to prompt for password? Or is there a prblem with the combination of sudoers and bash.bashrc.local?

What I do, is create a directory that contains links to stuff I want to run without root password. In /etc/sudoers, I have this:
jknott ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/bin/sudo/*

It works well, though I haven't tried using it with "ALL", instead of my ID.