Re: [opensuse] WiFi scanning in Knetworkmanager not that great
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 12:20:50 -0400
Mike McMullin wrote:
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 13:05 +0000, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 16:50 -0400, James Knott wrote:
I've noticed that the scanning in Knetworkmanager in OpenSUSE 11.0 doesn't work very well. Right now, as I sit at my desk, it only shows 4 networks and doesn't even show mine. On the other hand, my N800 shows 8 networks, including mine. I think this part should go back to the way it worked in 10.3, as that worked well.
You need to run iwlist for comparison to see if its NetworkManager or
the driver messing up.

I've been following this thread, and I get one network showing in
KNetWorkManager (11.0 on KDE3.5), my own, but iwlist shows the normal
five (4 other plus my own).

Right now, iwlist shows the same as Knetworkmanager, except it's not showing my own network. I've tried it a few times and iwlist usually shows more than Knetworkmanager.

I wonder if the Knetworkmanager from 10.3 will work with 11? If so, I may switch back.