Re: [opensuse] Quick perl question - why are @array[$num] and $array[$num] the same?
  • From: Kaare Rasmussen <kaare@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 17:21:30 +0200

I gave up on perl.
It makes my brain hurt -- like trying to read 1970's era BASIC code.

I concur. Perl verges on being an abomination. "Pathetically eclectic
rubbish lister" indeed!

I once (in the Perl 4 era) wrote a code generation tool in Perl, but I
no longer can even read that stuff.

If you're going to start programming things that go beyond what works
well in BASH, you'd be better off with Python or Ruby or even Groovy.

Randall Schulz

Thanks for the "Uninformed people bashing Perl and promoting buzzword language
of the day" imitation.

--

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic