Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:05:05 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

To concentrate on hardware alone you have to exclude Factory and
mprime as contributing factors to failure. Installation lasts longer
than simply run something else, like kernel compilation.

I still don't understand what it will do, Rajko - running mprime is a
well established stresstest. Doing a compilation run of <anything> is
also a stresstest, but it won't add to or subtract from the problem.
That's why I don't understand your suggestion.

Well, I'm just now running a parallel kernel compile. So far it's doing
fine, and has in fact driven the CPU temp higher than mprime was able
(before crashing). I think that means I can conclude it's _not_ a
thermal problem.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich