Re: [opensuse] Online update
  • From: Peter Bradley <p.bradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:29:04 +0000
Rajko M. wrote:
The error seems as result of problems with download.opensuse.org server.
The easiest from my prospective is to reset any ignored dependencies, and
press Accept button and see what happens. If nothing than as next attempt I
would remove Eclipse and than install it again.

Thanks for that.

I uninstalled Eclipse and reinstalled everything, and it worked OK this
time. The other things I'd had problems with (e.g. Acroread) also
installed just fine this time. So there was obviously a problem in the
pipe somewhere. I know that there have been problems with SUSE's
download servers, but the problem could just as easily have been at this
end. My ISP was taken over recently and I've had a few issues with them
since then - although one thing that may point to SUSE was the huge
amount of updating and cleaning that went on before the main packet
management gui opened.

Anyway, everything's fine now, so it's academic.

I really like openSUSE 10.3, BTW (having just upgraded from 10.0). At
least I do now I've found out how to get rid of the new SUSE menu, which
was just too cumbersome for words.

Kudos to the team.

Peter