Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:14:43 -0500

Aaron Kulkis schreef:
| James R Thompson wrote:
|> Have you ever thought that they are trying to make it so anyone can
|> use it
|> not just us geeks?
|
| Nobody FORCES a user to configure KDE -- people go into the
| configuration when they want to tune it to what THEY want.
| There is no "typical user" no matter how much the people at
| Gnome insist this mythical creature exists. EVERY user has
| some specific, non-standard need. The more configurability
| that goes down the tubes, the more non-standard needs are
| not met. And EVERY user has at least one non-standard need.
|
| Taking away configurability also harms the newbie much more
| than the computer-savvy.

That is absolutely correct.
But now there are two things that have to be done:
1) Useability: Apps must start, work, and not crash, and all must work
as much possible together.
2) The desktop must be configuerable, to meet as much as possible
anybodies need.

So if we work together, to find and kill the bugs, the sooner we have
what we want/need/desire, i guess, no?

Righto!