Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 11.0 and the Non-ready KDE4
  • From: Aaron Kulkis <akulkis00@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:55:02 -0500
James R Thompson wrote:
Have you ever thought that they are trying to make it so anyone can use it
not just us geeks?

Nobody FORCES a user to configure KDE -- people go into the
configuration when they want to tune it to what THEY want.
There is no "typical user" no matter how much the people at
Gnome insist this mythical creature exists. EVERY user has
some specific, non-standard need. The more configurability
that goes down the tubes, the more non-standard needs are
not met. And EVERY user has at least one non-standard need.

Taking away configurability also harms the newbie much more
than the computer-savvy.

> Most people I know just know how to turn on the
computer. I've use KDE 4 and I like what I see, but it still needs plenty
of work.